Sunday, October 30, 2011

Day 16

Today, I slept in until 9! Yes, that's right, sleeping in is now 9 am for me. We will see how long that lasts when I get home. :)

We had the morning to ourselves and I was able to catch up on a bit of news from home as well as check out Facebook and answer some emails.

In the afternoon, we went to another onsen. This one had a sand bath where you changed into a robe and disposable underwear and got buried in the sand. As odd as it sounds, it was really relaxing! After the sand bath, we headed to the public bath. I have noticed I am getting used to the no bathing suit thing...not completely, but a little bit.

I have to mention at this point (because we experienced in on the ride back to the hotel) that all cars have GPS screens here. Not only GPS screens, but DVD players and television channels in the front seat. Yet, wi-fi is few and far between. Go figure. I also say someone pay at a 7-11 today with a cell phone. Amazing.

Two things I'm going to have to re-learn when I get home-- the driver's side is the left side of the car and in Michigan, we use farenheit, not Celsius. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment