Saturday, October 15, 2011

Day 1

We made it! 

After just over 24 hours of travel, we arrived in Kumamoto!  We were greeted by Rotarians in the area and took a very nice taxi cab to the hotel (our luggage followed us in a truck).  Our first meal was quick food from...7-11!  We asked one of the inbound GSE members from Japan what she liked to eat and, after returning to the hotel, I enjoyed noodles and what tasted like grape juice.

It took me about an hour to figure out how to turn on the air conditioning in my hotel room last night...I just hit every button until it started working.  :)

Breakfast this morning was delicious.  It was a buffet with a lot of things I couldn't identify, but there was miso soup and strong, delicious coffee!

We have lunch with the GSE committee today and a welcome party this evening.  Tomorrow begins our presentations and experiences.

The weather is absolutely beautiful here and our hotel is right across from a castle.  I'm taking a lot of pictures to share with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment