Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day 6

Today I joined a new host family. The father of the family is a Rotarian and he lives with his son, daughter-in-law, their baby boy, and her sister. They are young and do not speak any English. I am staying at this house (very large and out in the country) with Carolyn.

Our dinner tonight consisted of meat and vegetables cooked in a pot on the table in a sauce made of soy sauce and sugar. You dip the meat and veggies in a bowl full of raw egg before you eat it. It sounds awful, but it was actually very delicious! We finished dinner with delicious desserts (hooray dessert!) from a bakery owned by the man's son-in-law, Maple. To finish the night off, we saw our host father play the Japanese guitar and then he gave me a type of alcohol that smelled like tequila...yikes!

I am covered in mosquito bites...apparently the japanese Mosquitos are silent and you don't realize they are biting you until it is too late!

I am using more Japanese language throughout the day and I have lost 6 lbs since this trip started!

No comments:

Post a Comment