Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day 7

Today was our first rainy day complete with thunder and lightning. What did we do? We went to the zoo and botanical gardens! It was actually very cool and I got to eat a banana from a banana tree. I have to say, I am getting a bit tired of sightseeing. I would prefer to have hands-on experiences.

For lunch, we went to a buffet that had ice cream and Coca-Cola. It was just what I needed!

At night, I got to see pictures of the son and daughter-in-law of my host father's wedding pictures. The brides in Japan have two to three wedding dresses. It must cost a fortune! The son told me that last dress, a deep purple gown, was very expensive.

I feel that when I return from this trip, will have a bizarre accent. The only people who speak English are Canadian, so I fear that I am developing a weird use of my vowels. On top of that, I am trying to speak Japanese and, according to my team members, my Michigan accent already has "twang".

No comments:

Post a Comment