Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day 3

It's amazing that people still smoke in public here. There are cigarette vending machines everywhere. The funny things is, you can't tell...no one smells like smoke!

I feel like I have stepped back in time...the hotel keys are not our usual cards, but actual keys. When you walk into the room, you have to place the key next to the door or the light won't turn on.

The school I visited had no security at all. If we hadn't been extremely out of place, we probably could've walked anywhere in the school. The kindergarten sang "Jesus loves me" to us. It was adorable.

Every meeting we go to involves tea. I am officially sick of tea...and I have a few more weeks to go!

We had lunch at a temple and I am still trying to get used to the fact that I have to take my shoes off wherever I go.

We had a kimono experience today and there were three women helping me get dressed. Yes, I will be extremely spoiled after this trip.

The cars here are so small! Everything is mini...even the hallways in the houses. I am also still getting used to driving on the "wrong" side of the road...oh, and the fact that the bathrooms and toilets are separate.

Internet is hard to find and wireless is almost non-existent. My entries on this blog may be written in large chunks of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment