Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 2

Our first full day in Japan was exhausting!  We took a lot of pictures...the weather here is beautiful! 

We met the GSE Committee in the afternoon and had lunch with them.  It was a Chinese meal, but very different from American Chinese food.  There was an orange sauce that was incredible...and I am not sure when the last time I was that full was.

The coffee is also amazing.  Very strong and delicious.  I probably drank too much, but we walked a lot, so I shouldn't have any trouble falling asleep.

We had a Welcome Party to introduce us to a lot of the Rotarians and to meet a few of our host families.  From the sounds of it, my days will be very interesting!

We finished the evening with a very large Japanese meal...the food just kept coming into the room.  After a while, I couldn't eat anymore!

I am learning a lot of the Japanese language...just in one day I've picked up quick a bit more than I knew when I arrived.

Tomorrow is our first night with host families.  Stacy and I are staying together, so that should be a nice transition before we are on our own with host families.  Tomorrow is also our first presentation which we are all trying to present in Japanese.  It should be interesting!

Today was exhausting, so we are trying to get a lot of sleep this evening.  Our first trip to a high school begins at 8:15 tomorrow morning!

2 comments:

  1. Erin, I'm so glad you arrived safely. It sounds like you are having an amazing time and amazing food! Good luck on your presentation and I can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I am so excited to hear all about the food! Take lots of food pics :)...you know me. Glad you are having lots of fun already!

    ReplyDelete