Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 17

I am getting ready to go home.  It seems as though each meeting with a mayor is getting more difficult and pictures are harder to smile for.  I am also finding that (and my other team members have said the same thing) I am less willing to experiment with foods.  I now know what I like and won`t like and I don`t even attempt to eat the things I didn`t enjoy the first time.  There are two things that make my stomach flip flop without even eating it.  1- egg soup (affectionately referred to as `egg goo` by my teammates).  Japan, I have found, has a love for eggs.  I, however, will be taking an egg vacation immediately upon my return to the US.  2- the little golf ball cup full of kelp and yam (I don`t remember it`s name).  I will spare everyone the description of what it tasted like.  The best part of that food experience was, after gagging, looking over at Stacy and noticing  the look on her face as she attempted to swallow it.

Today we took the Beppy Ropeway to Mt. Tsurumi.  Between the moutin, the temple, and the shrine we visited today, I am quite sure I climbed about 400 stairs, but the scenery was gorgeous!  At Mt. Tsurumi, we were higher than the clouds and it was amazing.

I met my new host family today.  We had spaghetti and chicken for dinner and then my host mother and her sister took me shopping and out for ice cream.  The host mother is a choreographer.  I do not believe I mentioned my dance background in my bio, but it is a fun coincidence!

No comments:

Post a Comment