Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 26

I spent the morning in bed while the rest of the team when to the Nori (dried seaweed) factory (and apparently saw some lettuce as well).

I met everyone at the lunch Rotary meeting where I met my new host father and we gave our presentation.

After the meeting, we headed to the OAB TV Broadcasting Center where we met the head of the station, some of the camera men, and one of the anchors.  We were able to walk around, sit in the studio, and see the satellite trucks.  We even made the news!  Check it out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV9roCaedGc.

After the TV station, we went to an embroidery factory which was incredibly more remarkable than I anticipated!  The man who owned the factory could freehand the embroidery he did.  He showed us how he could write each of our names, the name of someone who we wanted to give a gift to, and Chinese characters.  It was amazing!

My host family had a party for me that evening with one of the other Rotarians, his wife, and their son.  Everyone is so nice and the house I'm staying in is amazing!  It's the first house I've seen in Japan with a backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment