Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 28

I slept until noon.  I don't typically do that at home and I certainly haven't even come close to doing that on this trip.  When I woke up, I had breakfast and determined that I still did not feel good.  I told my host sister (who spoke English) and my host mother and father and he immediately got on the MRP. 

I was informed that Takuya, the inbound GSE Team Leader, would come to take my host mother and me back to the Emergency Room.

What amazed me the most about the ER in Japan was that we walked in, and literally walked directly back to the doctor that I saw the day before.  There was no waiting.  We were among the very few people in the ER area besides the staff.

The doctor said the medicine would probably continue to work but that he could give me another IV if I wanted.  Through Takuya, I told him that I was getting on an airplane in 48 hours and I wanted an IV drip.

After another hour, I left the hospital feeling better.  We even stopped for tea at an adorable tea shop on the way back to the house.

That evening, I felt well enough to go to dinner (beef, at my request) at a hibachi grill.  It was delicious.  My poor host mother-- she was so excited I was eating that she was taking beef off of her plate and putting it on mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment